Friday 13 July 2012

The Story of The Lost Luggages

Lisbon
I should have shut my mouth!

I should have shut up with my karma stories. Like I said in my past message, when you spit in the wind, it falls back on you. But I'll have a second story that should balance it all. Which would prove I don't know what to think at all about karma.

After saying all those good things about Helsinki airport, I boarded my flight to Prague like I was supposed to. It looks like a stopover of one hour, on my way to Lisbon, was enough for me to walk from gate C4 to gate C7 (about 50 meters), in the airport, but that the luggage handlers needed at least 12 hours more to send my stuff in the right place. Looks like the distance to fill was longer in their kart.

When I got to Lisbon, with the not so good company TAP, the landing was rough. We were 30 minutes late. And while everybody was waiting next to the conveyor, the intercom said it would take 15 more minutes for the luggages to get there. Maybe they needed more time to process that rough landing.

That is where I said to myself : it would be the worst time ever to lose my luggage.

Déjà-vu!

I should have shut up in my head.

I told myself the exact same thing in San Francisco airport two years ago. Magic, that is when my bag went missing the first time, going to New York even if I wasn't traveling through that city.

Feels like my brain felt something was wrong. No luggage.

«Have you looked on the over-sized conveyor?» they ask me.

Sorry! When I said I lost an elephant, I really meant a backpack...

Time goes by. And my luggage is finally declared lost. The computer doesn't tell where it is. Because it's true that if they didn't have enough time to transfer my bag in Prague, four hours later, they probably didn't have time to enter the information in the computer.


By chance, all my valuables were in my hand luggage. But not my tooth brush. No clothes either.

The airline gave me an emergency kit made for women. (with no sexism intended)

Yeah! I got bleaching deodorant with woman perfume in it, a thing to have nice nails, a hairbrush, moisturizing cream, shampoo but no soap. And laundry soap (thanks, but you lost my clothes, so I won't need it) and cotton pieces to wash make-up from one's face. Oh, and an extra-large t-shirt and a toothbrush.

At the hostel where I'm staying (the excellent Goodnight Hostel), they confirm that they call regularly for lost luggages with TAP. Did I recommend not to take TAP?

Next morning, the staff call for me to know where the search is at. I hear them use the words puta and stupido. I let you translate.

Twelve hours after arrival, they still don't know where they lost my bag. But TAP believes it might be in Prague because it left Helsinki like it was meant to be.

Congrats for the deduction! I could have told you as I was getting out of the plane. It is as obvious as the nose in the face, like we say in french.

I had to go buy short pants, because Portugal with jeans is a little too hot. Money wasted.

In the evening, the company finally called to say they would deliver my luggage during the night. 

TAP? Never again... but the flight I booked already for Brazil.

Should have waited before booking with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment