Tuesday 10 July 2012

Karma and Airport

Helsinki
You know karma! You know how you say that when you spit in the wind, it's gonna come back on you... I like to believe the same principle applies to money you throw out of the windows. That one day, the wind is gonna bring it back, at least  part of it, in the house. We can always dream.

You remember that trip from Amman downtown to the airport, happy run that cost me 40 $JD because the driver didn't have change? Well, someone somewhere probably felt guilty I guess. Today, I went to Helsinki airport for free. Yes, free. Zero cent!

I had missed the bus I should have taken by 30 seconds. It just drove passed me while I was waiting to cross the street. Good news are the payment thing was broken. The driver decided it was free.

All in all, it means my taxi from Jordan now cost me 35 $JD. Still have to take three free buses and I'll find full satisfaction.

Airport

About the airport itself, it is well organized. We can print our boarding cards and luggage ID by ourselves. After, we could drop our luggage on the conveyer. The problem is that the place is too small and th queues are very long. But the idea is good.


On a security point of view, Finnish people installed two big tables where you can take your time to put your personnal belongings in the bins, before the queue. You take your computer out, liquids, take the belt off. When you're done, you go throught security. It keeps everybody from getting impatient behind the lady that forgot to take her perfume out of her purse and doesn't seem able to find it back.

The Helsinki airport also sells the best chocolate-cheese muffin with a chocolate truffle in the middle. Yeah, they cost a yearly income or something, because nothing is affordable when you take the plane. But it must be the value of the best muffins in the world.

In the end, I fly to Portugal in a couple of hours. According to my plans, if the brazilian consulate doesn't bother too much and accepts to give me an express visa, I would spend my birthday in one of the most southern point in Europe : Lagos or Sagres. With new sunglasses. Because I desintegrated, in spite of me, my authentic false Rayban, sunglasses number 4, I bought in Cambodia.

And if I have problems with the consulate? Options are still open. Argentina for sure. I was thinking of Peru, but a canadian governement alert says it's not a good idea. Bolivia wouldn't mind being a replacement destination. Only, the flights there are more expensive than from Rio, Buenos Aires or Lima.

No comments:

Post a Comment