Tuesday 7 August 2012

Setting things straight

Okay! We'll set things straight. Because some problems happen everywhere in the world and they seem too complicated to be fixed. I decided to say "It's enough!"

It's enough closing the information desks on Sundays. It's nice to have a day to rest, but travelers don't disappear on Sunday. For an unknown reason, it's always on that day we have questions. Must be possible to find someone somewhere who is willing to work on Sunday.

It's enough asking if I have change. If I give you a note of 100 pesos, it is because the ATM gave me notes of 100 pesos and I need to break them. You have a business. YOU should have some change. And yes, you insult me if I give you a note of 10 pesos and you still ask if I have smaller notes.

In the same matter of business, why, oh why are the coins so rare in Argentina? Everybody is searching for them to pay for the bus. But apparently, nobody has coins. Must be some coins somewhere. Instead of giving you some, the taxi drivers will ask you to give them enough money so they can give you change in notes. We must be direct and say no. That way, they need to give coins.

It seems it is too complicated to pay with notes in the buses... or to make more coins.

Okay, and after a few minutes, you can stop laughing at my accent while I'm trying to speak your language. Try to recognize I'm making an effort. I'll be happy to laugh with you, but I don't always have some time to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment