Thursday 26 April 2012

The Golden Week

My luck! Don't buy any lottery ticket for the week-end. Without even choosing the numbers, I know I'll win. Because I have an incredible luck. Really!

You might remember the Melbourne Grand Prix? Here I am in a similar situation, in Japan, because of the Golden week. In fact, the Japanese have holidays on April 29 th and May 3, 4 and 5. Most take the whole week off and travel, get to tourist attractions and use transportation... in their own country. And to top it all, the prices get higher because of it.

Guess who is gonna get in Japan and will be stuck somewhere because of the Golden week? Meeee!

It takes what it takes. I fortunately found out about that two days ago. Using my time while the rain was falling over Beijing, I rushed to the non-censored internet to book hostels.

My original plan holds : two days in Osaka, one night in Hiroshima and one night in Himeji. No problem there. Where I am getting in trouble is Kyoto, where I wanted to spend 5 or 6 days. Everything goes for the first two. But the next two days : nothing. No hostel anywhere. Except in female dorms. Not good for me.

So I booked in Osaka, less than 40 minutes away by train, and I will take a return trip in the morning and in the evening to go back to Kyoto. Unless someone from Couchsurfing answers my request. But for now, everybody declined... because Japanese won't be home on these dates, obviously.

I just take a deep breath, I wait, and I'll see.

On another subject, I am now thinking about the flight I need to book to get back home in August. Because the one-way ticket from Argentina or Brazil, to Montreal, has a long stopover. I'm thinking of taking some "vacations" for four or five days on my way back home. Maybe in Cuba. Maybe in Puerto Rico. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment