Saturday 14 April 2012

And then there were two

*Please note that the chinese internet refuses to let me upload pictures. Gilly's pictures will have to wait.

Happy anniversary to you... That is what Marilyn would sing, this Sunday, to celebrate two months of globe-trotting between time zones.

Two months, a third of the trip, are now just memories. But remember, that's about a year in the life of a round-the-world traveler.

No real health issues yet (fingers crossed) even if the lack of sleep and the chinese food are sometimes having their effect on me. Nothing to traumatise me either. But a lot of little discomfort. That's normal.

In the assessment mode, like expected, China is the biggest challenge on the language and culture side, even if there is nothing too surprising since everything is shown on tv and on the internet. I only needed to get rid of my north-american reflexes, and of my preconceived ideas on the way things should be done.

Anyway, I wonder about the energy I'll need for the asian portion of my trip. We'll see.

Here, for those who are interested, are the cities I visited in that second month :

Australia : Melbourne, Geelong, Apollo Bay, Kennett River, Warrnambool, Halls Gap, Ballarat, Lakes Entrance, Threbdo, Canberra, Sydney, Blue Mountains.

Hong Kong 

Macao

Hong Kong

China : Shanghai, Hangzhou, Huangshan, Xi'an


Tip

Always try to know how much the others paid for an object you want to buy in Asia. It'll help you negociate. Booking a room online allows you to save money too. I paid 40 RMB for my room in Xi'an through hostelworld.com. Behind the desk at the hostel, it's written a room costs 60 RMB...

No comments:

Post a Comment