Friday 2 March 2012

Stuck in boring Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

My "aura of sun" has left me. New Zealand's "bipolarity" is stronger.

Happy, this morning, I booked a shuttle and the ferry that should have brought me on the South Island, in Picton.

When I got in my hostel in the evening, another guest told me a storm and huge waves were expected for the next day. Result : no ferry. Stuck, I am!

Zen, me? Not really. But when you leave for six months, one unexpected event is not that bad. Only, I had enough of Wellington, where, to be franc, they is not a lot to do if you travel on a budget. Especially when it rains. Because when it's sunny, you can find something to do.

Not out of solutions, I booked a flight to Queenstown (far from here) for Sunday, after adding a night in my hostel, unfortunately the most expensive of the trip yet.

I still need to track the refunds I hope to get. Yeah!

On another topic, I met a 21 year old Australian who travels the world to find places to trek or hike. He walked on the Himalaya, already, and he confirms he found the Tangariro Alpine Crossing difficult. So there I am, proud of what I accomplished.

That Australian guy uses his walks to find sponsors and get money to fight against breast cancer. I'm trying to get the address of his blog to add it to my links page. It would be an excellent article in the newspaper if he had chosen to climb mount Bellevue in Sherbrooke instead of the Rocky Moutains this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment