Friday 3 February 2012

Two weeks to go

In two weeks, my trip around the world will have started. But it's not because my departure time gets closer and closer that everything gets done by itself.

I finally canceled my subscription to the newspaper, told the car and home insurances I was going, wrote a will, just in case. Better not to take chances. By taking my car out of the road, I will save some money on registration and insurances. House wise, the beauty of renting a place is there will be no change to my insurance.

I told the SPA that my two cats would stay somewhere else (had to think about that), made photocopies of my traveling documents, credit cards and others, to leave a copy at my parent's house and to have one myself in case of a problem. I also sent it all in my e-mail. Then I'll be able to access my documents anytime.

And I finally ordered my JR pass for Japan. It is a pass for strangers you can order online before you get in the country. You can save on transportation with it. But you must activate it in the three months following your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment