Tuesday 21 February 2012

Burgers, weeds and bitches

Hollywood Boulevard
Already almost time to leave Los Angeles, where my "stopover" was really short. Holidays are over. Adventure begins.

The angels city, not too impressive, but nice because of its sun, can be summarized in three words : burgers, weeds and bitches.

Because there is nothing like unexpected encounters to bring you back to reality.

Since I really didn't feel like drowning in a sea (!) of tourists and since I didn't want to fill my schedule with thousands of activites, I spent the day walking from Venice Beach to Santa Monica, with a small walk in town afterwards.

At lunch, I met two young Americans who started the discussion. First advice : eat a burger from the In & Out restaurant. A must do in California for any tourist. Not the walk on Hollywood Boulevard. Not an excursion in Beverly Hills. Not a LA Kings game. A burger! They were funny, the kids.

Their second advice : see a "doctor" who offers his services on the beach and can write you a prescription for "therapeutic" marijuana. "Get high on the beach, get hungry, and then, get a burger at In & Out. It'll be the best burger of your life..."

Hum! What an advice. But I'll still think about it. Can I? At least, they didn't recommand "Botox on the beach"... (That exists)

And what about that guy I met on the bus where the funny driver was called Zeus? His girlfriend, the woman who drove the other bus, the girl passengers... all bitches according to him. One cannot say he was full of nuances.


Welcome in Los Angeles!

In another subject, special greetings to Caroline, a friend I had not seen for 12 years. Saw her on Hollywood Boulevard for a coffee.

Now, I don't know when it'll be possible to access the internet again in the kiwi's country. It is possible I'll need to go in a McDonald's (yuk!), where wi-fi is free, to read my messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment