Thursday 31 January 2013

The road to Hollywood


Leaving Death Valley, I wanted to stop in a ghost town. I chose Ballarat because it was on my way. But it seems like you need to get informed before you reach a decision. Ballarat looked like nothing at all. I was already picturing myself in an american western movie.

Before departure, I found out a friend I met in Argentina was randomly in Los Angeles at the same time I would be. What better than the unforeseen? It only took a few minutes for us to arrange a meeting for dinner.

So I drove for the most part of the day to reach LA. Whatever the others will say, traffic near the big city is something to be careful about. Especially when you're not used to a six lanes highway.

With a little luck, I found a hostel, the Banana Bungalow West Hollywood, which had free parking. Even dinner and beer were free. But you know, I had plans... Untill fate chose otherwise.

So I spent my only night in Los Angeles in the hostel bar, taking advantage of free food. Far from the Hollywood stars.

Only interesting anecdote : someone who was sharing my six beds dorm left his toothbrush IN the shower, where everyone can use it to scrub whatever. In that place where everybody washes themselves. It's not the shower I question but the people using it. Would you have used that toothbrush if it was yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment