Monday 26 March 2012

The Guy Who Smoked

There are a lot of things you shouldn't do as a backpacker, even in a hostel : turn on the lights of the dorm at 4 AM to find your bed, play loud music even if nobody wants to listen to it, not wearing clothes to go to the shared bathroom, share a bed and make noise on the mattress even if everybody can hear you, play with a plastic bag for hours while others are sleeping, etc.

At some point, I had enough. I can stand the noise. Even if you're the only one watching a movie on your computer and even if you're beating the record for the noise at 4 AM. I can do with lights. Even if there is three of us asleep and you've decided you need lights to watch a movie without headphones. But dear mister, when you decide to smoke marijuana at 2 AM, in the bed under mine, you're facing danger. (It's already not a great idea to smoke in the bed...) I know, the window is far to blow your smoke away. Going down three sets of steps to go outside, it's hard.

Too bad. The director of the hostel wasn't too happy when she learned. Not happy at all. Because it's already forbidden to smoke in the room. So your marijuana made her angry. "I will kick him out", she said. It's sounded angry.

Sorry to learn you have been kicked out, dear flatmate. Well, not really. Tonight, I'll sleep better.

The lizard

In the "Almost" category... I thought I almost saw a snake today. On THE day I decided to wear my flip-flop for a stroll in the forest. I saw a big snake head (about 12 to 14 centimetres) about 30 centimetres from my foot. First reflex : I need to take a picture. First thought : would be better to back off.

It happens that this big snake head was a lizard head, attached to a big body with really small paws.

He ran away, the lizard. But I watched the trail until the end of my walk (with breathtaking views on the way) to ensure I wouldn't come across some other beasts.

Almost! But almost, it doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment