Thursday 15 March 2012

Karma is a b****

Melbourne, Australia
It cannot always go wrong. I mean that the unexpected events, at some point, must stop.

Still, the next unexpected thing cost me two deposits for a room in a hostel. I took the time to plan everything. I chose a tour that would bring me from Mebourne to Sydney in three days, instead of taking a boring bus or a train that would link the two during the night. With that tour, I'll stop in some other cities on the way, one of them being the capital Canberra.

The problem is, that tour goes three times a week. And the day I wanted to leave is already fully booked. Thanks Grand Prix!

After choosing to leave Melbourne earlier to book that tour (that's why I lost my deposits on the rooms), I stopped to eat. I bought a dessert in a small shop where you pay your frozen yogurt  based on it's weight... unless you guess exactly the weight of your own little cup. And guess who got it totally right, right on the dot? ME!

Ok, karma is like income taxes. You give, you give, and when it's time to get something back, you always get less than you gave. A free frozen yogurt in the Grand Prix frenzy? Makes my week. Karma! (I hear Marie-Eve say : he won something again... damn!)

Karma in action, the travelers stuck to leave Melbourne because of the Grand Prix are now all searching for solutions and plenty of them are offering to share the rent of my (small) australian car. I thought it would cost me so much... I might be able to get away with it for less than 20 $ a day for the car. Not too bad!

I'm leaving tomorrow for the Great Ocean Road, driving on the left side of the road as much as possible. And I'll be back in Melbourne on Monday. Departure is on Tuesday towards Sydney. One week later, I take off to Hong Kong for the beggining of my asian adventure. The ticket is freshly booked.

And I didn't say anything about the kangaroos I fed. And the penguins I saw. I will do next time.

Meanwhile, it has been a month since I'm gone. Five to go. Time goes by very fast and I still have so much to see. Looking forward to explore Asia and to get good exchange rates...

No comments:

Post a Comment