Sunday 5 January 2014

Made it to India

I arrived in Delhi after 24 hours of transit. I have not yet had the opportunity to take photos, so this post will not display any.

My three flights were delayed, but fortunately I arrived in India ahead of the original schedule.

The aircraft departed from Montreal to New York with a 45 minutes delay, the Siberian cold being the main reason. There was also an unidentified problem with the device before takeoff.

New York, security again, walking 45 miles between terminals at JFK airport, needed to print boarding passes they couldn't give me in Montreal, etc. I ran, but my flight... was delayed. They wanted to allow those suffering the effects of Friday's storm to board.

Leaving with at least a 30-40 minutes delay for Dubai which forced everyone to hurry at the United Arab Emirates airport. Upon arriving at my gate, I immediately got on my last plane.

That said, the previous flight, lasting about twelve hours, took place without any problem on the wings of Emirates. The A380 are hyperconfortables. Food was excellent. Had bigger than iPad individual screens. Small stickers to affix to our seats ao they wake us up at mealtimes... There are some companies refreshing their fleet that does not even go far.



Transit covered, let's talk about Delhi. The Indian city was covered by fog or smog, again today. Upon my arrival at the hotel, they put me in a double room... whereas I had booked a eight bed dorm. For an additional fee of course.

I argued, they gave me a discount and promised me to offer a free shuttle to the center of the city. Go! But the shuttle, it dropped me in a travel agency that surely gives a commission to the hotel when they send people in. They wanted to organize my stay in India. Pass!

After, I had to negotiate with a rickshaw driver in order to return. He asked for twice the reasonable price. It took me the help of two kids, who thought my price was appropriate, to eventually succeed. Kids are pure...

Tomorrow, Monday, all major attractions are closed. I therefore will take this opportunity to plan the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment