Thursday 13 December 2012

Everybody will say "I Love You"


One often asks if I missed people when I was traveling around the world. How I was keeping in touch with the people I left behind from the start. How often I would get news from home.

It takes a part of detachment to leave. I met people who went back home before they got the chance to go to the end of the line the drew for themselves because they got homesick. They couldn't bare the distance, the loneliness or the differences. One needs to do it when the little voice inside tells them to move on.

At the risk of hurting some sensibilities, I never missed anybody. Because I was taking on something way bigger than I thought. Because I was ready, also, and by unprogramming ourselves from a life we put aside, we deal with the present and what it has to offer. That didn't keep me from feeling far from home when bad lucks happened.

With FacebookSkype and other e-mails options, I could keep in touch. Even if the time difference, sometimes, was not helping. If I rang the "computer phone" more often in the beginning, I found myself searching for time to do so as the trip was going.

For those who need valuation, leaving helps people to figure out how important we are to them. The "I love you"s and the "I miss you"s will never have come that often. Sometimes, leaving helps people not to take us for granted. On the other hand, it helps to make a natural selection in the acquaintances.

After leaving, everybody will say "I love you". Even some strangers we catch on the way who become precious friends. "I love you" (not in a "lover" way) comes easy while wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment